Sheriff Sarah

Sheriff Sarah

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Possibility of Varices and GI scheduled

Update from Patty: The GI is scheduled for 1:30pm. They will follow that up with an ultrasound. I have finally found the correct spelling of the word Patty kept mentioning - varices - and I have included the definiation below. If THIS is the cause of her blood loss, then Dr. Murray has already said we would list Sarah on the transplant list as a precautionary. That way we avoid the rush later.

Varices - Another complication of portal hypertension is varices. Varices occur when the increased pressure causes blood to flow through smaller veins, which leads them to weaken and swell. Varices can lead to bleeding. This bleeding can cause dark or black-coloured stools and blood-stained vomit. Immediate medical attention is necessary.

As I learn more, I will update the blog.
Kirk

2 comments:

  1. Kirk- I am praying and have asked as many people as I can think of to pray as well. I hope to visit Patty tonight or tomorrow night. Love you all. MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Hannah's mommy from preschool and I am also friends with Kim. We will be praying for Sarah and Patty for healing and comfort! Praying for the doctors wisdom and then for the rest of the family for flexibility.

    ReplyDelete