Sheriff Sarah

Sheriff Sarah

Monday, February 28, 2011

One of Those Days

Happy Monday!

Ok, so it will be one IF we can keep from heading to Children's for yet another liver biopsy. Sarah's temperature hit 101.4 last night but I'm hopeful it will drop today. She is definitely trying to fight off a cold. She's congested with a runny nose and a little fussy. Since she's rarely ever fussy, we know she's not feeling well.

We have some urgent prayer issues today. We learned that a friend associated with liver awareness just found out his wife has a brain tumor the size of a grapefruit. She is scheduled to have surgery tomorrow. Please lift the family up in prayer. This was quite a shock to us.

Keep Austin Wright lifted up in prayer as well. He continues to have off and on issues with his new liver or internal issues. This little guy is such a blessing and possesses such a joyful spirit. Please remember him, his sister Makayla, and his parents, David and Courtney throughout this week.

I learned last week that my job will be eliminated in the coming months and moved back to Wisconsin. It will be another time of adjustment but I'm hopeful new doors will be opened. I've been considering changing careers for awhile and this may be the catalyst for doing exactly that. I've been sitting on whether to complete my bachelor's degree since Sarah's birth and subsequent medical issues. It's likely I'll move forward now (no, for real this time!) after some starts and stops and pursue a degree in the medical field or something health/mental health related. I just can't see myself doing the type of work I've done for the bulk of my working life (customer service/sales support). That may emanate from what I've witnessed through our journey with Sarah but I find myself drawn towards serving those in need, like the liver families we've met.

God knows where the road will take our family but we are excited about the future. May you know His peace and will today and everyday.

1 comment:

  1. God works in ways we are not always meant to understand in the moment, and he has a big plan for you and your family! Sorry to hear little miss Sarah is not feeling well, hope she doesn't need the biopsy and she kicks the bug quick. Praying for your family and all those that need it.

    ReplyDelete