Sheriff Sarah

Sheriff Sarah

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Time to head back to College...Psych!

Yes, that's right, friends. After a two-year self-imposed (and wise, considering the circumstances) hiatus from school, I am headed back. I was just accepted to Northwest University LEAP program in Kirkland. LEAP is essentially their bachelor's program for working adults.

It may surprise some of you to learn the degree I will be pursuing: Psychology. I will admit that I haven't really considered that degree until about a month ago. Perhaps God gave me this time off from school to show me what direction I should go. The short version is that through times of contemplation, prayer and reading, I kept coming back to a degree that would serve others and that would be multi-faceted in terms of career options. Psychology is one of those degrees. I feel compelled to pursue something that will benefit others. As I read and listen to other liver families and their struggles & strains, I can't think of a more tangible degree. Additionally, this is a HUGE stretch for me. I will be completely out of my comfort zone with this program which is right where God wants me. I could have easily fallen back on an online political science or business degree. For once in my life, I am sensing clear direction from God (not that He has never provided direction before; its just very clear) and I need to follow it.

In the coming months, I will share my experiences via the blog as it becomes more of a journal of my life. There will still be plenty about Sarah's continuing adventures but also about being a parent, writing and those other beautiful liver kids!

Stay tuned...as if life wasn't interesting enough...strap yourselves in, folks. I'm ready for a wild ride. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment